I ran today. It wasn't far, and it wasn't pretty, but I ran. My plan was to leave the house by 11:30, but I got caught up in my work. Then, I dressed as if it were 65 degrees outside. David mentioned how windy it was this morning, so at the last minute, I decided to check the temp...with the wind chill, it was about 41 degrees. I still left the house in shorts, but with a long sleeve top. I left the house about 12:30, and headed toward Pleasant Ridge via Oak Park Boulevard. About 3/4 of a mile into my run, my knee hurt, so I rewarded myself with a quick stretch (and an excuse to stop running). I've been doing some reading, and have yet again heard the merits of stretching, especially as you get older. I guess that is me, as I am now technically a "masters" runner.
I stopped two other times during my run. I built in an excuse... I purposely ran past a house on Lewiston, near Woodward, to check it out. Great house, but the other houses on the block are not so nice. So, I kept running. My route now went past the house on Breckenridge (641). We've been stalking this house, amongst several others, on realestateone.com since January. Very nice brick bungalow. The house is still there, and looks just like it did when we drove by it a couple weeks ago. Okay, no more excuses, and now, I am getting cold...I must continue my run home. The wind came around from the east, and is now out of the west and blowing right in my face. All sorts of things to contemplate...the wind, my knee, the temperature, the neighborhoods, buying a house. I completed the loop in about 30 minutes. And more surprisingly, I actually even stretched, a bit, when I got home. Drank some much needed water and my tummy was grumbling. Time for lunch. I began running, once again. I will ice my knee again tonight, in hopes of going out and doing this again...tomorrow?
-Becka
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment