11.23.2008

Leafy Owl

It was a full day today.

Becka and I met my sister, Ann, her boyfriend, James, and my Mom (Kathy) and step Dad (Tom) at Mt. Elliot Cemetary to place grave blankets on my Grandma's and Grandpa's graves as well as on Tom's wife's grave. After placing the blankets and saying some prayers, we went on our way to our traditional lunch at The Polish Village Cafe in Hamtramck.

After lunch, we stopped by Ann and James' house to borrow their leaf blower...Becka & I had a date with the leaves in our backyard and could use the extra help. While Becka worked on the leaves in the yard, I borrowed a neighbor's ladder to clean out our gutters. Once I finished the gutters, I joined Becka on the leaf detail. A total of 3.5 hours later, we finished the job (we think...it was dark by then...so we may have missed a leaf here or there).

By this time, Cooper and Murphy were all amped up to go for a walk, and they decided to invite me to go along. After going around a couple of blocks we returned home and as we headed to the backyard, I noticed something fly from the ground in the alley into the evergreen tree in our front yard. I paused to look into the tree to see what it was. I couldn't see very well (it was dark, remember?), but I saw a oval shape sitting on a tree branch. As I stared up at it, it just sat there motionless.

I went to the front door and nudged the door knocker to get Becka's attention. She came to the door & I asked her to take the dogs in & get me the camera. I sauntered back to the alley and the bare spot in the evergreen to capture a few shots of this...

Pretty cool way to end the day.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

How cool...an Owl in Royal Oak! I didn't realize they lived in cities.

Good to see a new entry on your blog. Keep it up.

Love you.

Mom

Lara said...

Hey Kids! It's been almost a year since your last post--how about something new? You could show off your painting projects...